After you install the Update Rollup 1 (KB2904712) for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager you might have seeing this issues:
- When you try to import an add-in into the Virtual Machine Manager console, the import may be unsuccessful. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
An error occurred while trying to create an add-in folder for your account:
Access to the path: “C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Virtual Machine Manager\bin\AddInPipeline\AddIns” is denied.
- When you open the VMM console, you receive the following error message:
Could not update managed code add-in pipeline due to the following error:
The required folder “C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Virtual Machine Manager\bin\AddInPipeline\HostSideAdapters” does not exist.
To resolve these issues, follow these steps:
1. Locate the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Virtual Machine Manager\bin
2. Right-click the AddInPipeline folder, and then click Properties.
3. On the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click Continue.
4. Select the BUILTIN group, and then click Edit.
5. Click the Select a principal link, type Authenticated Users, and then click OK.
6. Click OK to close each dialog box that is associated with the properties.